Are you in search of solutions to help your business thrive in today’s competitive marketplace? Nebraska MEP provides an assortment of services to help you improve, grow, connect and lead. Our approach is to work with each client individually, understand your needs, and tailor a plan to meet your specific goals and objectives.
Next Generation Manufacturing Assessment Tool
Benchmark performance - plan for the future.
Nebraska MEP, in conjunction with the Manufacturing Performance Institute (part of The MPI Group) and the American Small Manufacturers Coalition (ASMC), provide the Next Generation Manufacturing (NGM) Assessment Tool to help your company benchmark performance in key areas of your businesses.
NGM is a free online resource that will benchmark your company’s progress toward world-class performance by comparing your responses to thousands of NGM participants. Based on six NGM strategies, the assessment tool provides manufacturers with a foundation for strategic planning by identifying opportunities and insights for improvement. Strategies measured include:
- Customer-Focused Innovation: Develop, make, and market new products and services that meet customers’ needs at a pace faster than the competition.
- Superior Processes/Improvement Focus: Record annual productivity and quality gains that exceed the competition through a company-wide commitment to continuous improvement.
- Human-Capital Management: Secure a competitive performance advantage by having superior systems in place to recruit, hire, develop, and retain talent.
- Supply-Chain Management and Collaboration: Develop and manage supply chains and partnerships that provide flexibility, response time, and delivery performance that exceeds the competition.
- Sustainability: Design and implement waste and energy-use reductions at a level that provides superior cost performance and recognizable customer value.
- Global Engagement: Secure business advantages by having people, partnerships, and systems in place capable of engaging global markets and talents better than the competition.
The NGM Assessment Tool is completely free to all manufacturers and is based off the NGM Study conducted in 2009, 2011, and 2013. The NGM Study surveyed thousands of U.S. manufacturers nationwide. To get started, visit www.NextGenMfgTool.com.