Core Business Solutions are Cybersecurity Consultants that work with MEP centers throughout the USA.
This webinar series is designed to discuss subjects that can help small manufacturers protect their data and build customer trust. Cybersecurity risks grow every year. Core Business Solutions helps organizations understand and implement effective cybersecurity protections that meet industry standards.
The webinars will take place on Tuesdays from 1 pm to 2 pm Central Time. The dates, subjects and links are listed below:
Feb. 16, 2023 | 1-2PM CST
CMMC Level 1 Explained
CMMC Level 1 will be required by the majority of companies in the defense industrial base (DIB). For companies needing higher CMMC Levels (2 or 3), Level 1 is the place to start. This session will help you learn the following:
1. What requirements need to be met for Level 1?
2. What data and information needs to be protected?
3. What type of assessment will be required for Level 1?
4. How does Level 1 relate to current requirements for a Supplier Performance Risk System (SPRS) score? 5. When will CMMC Level 1 be required by the DoD? Please join us for this informative hour to ensure you are on the right track toward CMMC Level 1 compliance.Register
FCI & CUI - What Is It and How to Protect It
CMMC was developed in order to protect certain information and data related to DoD programs and contracts.
The CMMC certification Level (1, 2 or 3) required is determined by what type of defense-related information your
company handles. It is vital that you understand the information to be controlled and protected and, also what
steps you must take to meet CMMC requirements.
In this webinar, we will clarify the following:
1. What types of information is considered FCI or CUI and how should it be marked?
2. Where does FCI or CUI originate and how might you receive it?
3. How should protected information be handled, identified and controlled?
4. Which CMMC Level(s) will be required for FCI and CUI?
5. Will my organization need to be certified if it does not handle CUI?
Plan to join us to get a handle on the types of information to be controlled by your CMMC program.Register
April 20, 2023 | 1-2PM CST
CMMC 2.0 Update
In 2021, the DoD announced changes to the CMMC program as “CMMC 2.0”. In 2023, the government plans
to begin rolling out the requirement for formal CMMC certification through new contractual requirements. Soon,
CMMC certification will be a requirement for all defense-related contracts.
This webinar will review the latest updates from the DoD on CMMC 2.0. This will include:
1. Changes to the DFARS regulations on CMMC certification
2. How CMMC certification will be specified in DoD contract vehicles
3. The latest timeline for including CMMC in contracts
4. Who will be conducting CMMC assessments and how to contact them
5. What will need to be demonstrated during an assessment in order to be successfully certified
Please plan to join us for the latest updates on CMMC 2.0.Register
May 18, 2023 | 1-2PM CST
CMMC - How to Prepare
This year, CMMC starts to take effect. The requirements to become CMMC certified are stringent and can take
significant effort and expense. Due to the extensive assessment criteria, your company will need to be well prepared
for a successful certification.
In this session, we will walk through a roadmap for preparing for CMMC certification. We’ll be discussing:
1. What to include in your scope of certification
2. How to determine the gaps in your current IT technology
3. What skills will be needed on your team and how 3rd-parties can assist
4. How will management and employees need to be involved
5. What are the major milestones on the path to certification
6. How to map to NIST assessment objectives
We’ll be discussing how to get organized in your preparation toward CMMC certification. Please join us for this very practical conversation.Register
Demystifying Cybersecurity for Small BusinessReplay the webinar
Cybersecurity isn’t just for large companies with more resources. Hackers are increasingly targeting small businesses to steal sensitive information and to ransom data. Join this webinar to learn how you can simplify cybersecurity to fit your company and resources to better protect your company and your information.
Top 5 Cybersecurity Threats to Small BusinessReplay the webinar
Small businesses face numerous threats to their businesses in the world today. Cyber criminals are continuing to come up with ways to attack and compromise your business information. Find out what are the top 5 risks that you should be aware of and how to be on the lookout.
CMMC 2.0 is Coming. What to do now.Replay the webinar
CMMC has gone through many changes over the past few years. Join this webinar to hear about all the CMMC updates, what to expect in the future and what you can do now to prepare for CMMC 2.0
Developing a Cybersecurity BudgetReplay the webinar
Cybersecurity tools can be expensive. So how can you protect your business without breaking the bank. Join this webinar to learn how to develop cybersecurity budget that fits with your business and your resources.