Nebraska MEP conducts Energy Audits to meet your USDA Rural Development grant and/or guaranteed loan application needs.
The Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) through USDA Rural Development provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses to purchase or install renewable energy systems or make energy efficiency improvements.
USDA funds may be used for the purchase, installation and construction of energy efficiency improvements, such as:
- High efficiency heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC)
- Cooling or refrigeration units
- Doors and windows
- Electric, solar or gravity powered pumps for sprinkler pivots
- Switching from a diesel to electric irrigation motor
- Replacement of energy-inefficient equipment
Energy audits can be conducted at any time by Nebraska MEP staff but must be completed in advance of USDA application submission. Contact USDA Rural Development for application deadlines.
Contact Nebraska MEP for more information about your Energy Audit.