Nebraska MEP conducts Energy Audits to meet your USDA Rural Development grant and/or guaranteed loan application needs.
The Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) through USDA Rural Development provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses to purchase or install renewable energy systems or make energy efficiency improvements.
USDA funds may be used for the purchase, installation and construction of energy efficiency improvements, such as:
- High efficiency heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC)
- Cooling or refrigeration units
- Doors and windows
- Electric, solar or gravity powered pumps for sprinkler pivots
- Switching from a diesel to electric irrigation motor
- Replacement of energy-inefficient equipment
Energy audits can be conducted at any time by Nebraska MEP staff but must be completed in advance of USDA application submission. USDA Rural Development deadlines apply as follows:
- Grant applications are due March 31, 2017. Applications received after this date will be considered for the next funding cycle in the subsequent fiscal year.
- Loan guarantees are competed continuously throughout the year.
Nebraska MEP received an Energy Audit grant from USDA Rural Development that will pay 75% of the cost of the audit. You will be required to pay 25% of the audit cost. This is the ONLY expenditure you will incur prior to submitting the application.
Contact Nebraska MEP for more information about your Energy Audit.